SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Two people were displaced after an intense house fire early Wednesday morning on Pitt Street.
Savannah Fire says at 5 a.m., crews were dispatched to a raging fire in the 100 block of Pitt Street. The home was did have working smoke alarms and the two occupants safely escaped on their own.
Officials say the flames got so high that the residents of the neighboring home had to be evacuated as a precaution.
The fire is now out and no one was injured. However, the two residents of were displaced. The Red Cross was called to assist.