Arson Ruled Out in Church Fire

Savannah fire investigators believe they know how yesterday's fire at St. Luke AME Church may have started. Investigators scoured through the rubble of the church yesterday. They ruled out arson and think the church's electrical wiring may have been faulty.

Investigators say the fire seemed to start near the altar where there was a lot of sound and lighting equipment.

"The closest they can come to is electrical due to the nature and amount of electrical items in that area," fire department spokesman Matt Stanley told us.

The congregation can't rebuild the church. The city will demolish it. No word on when that will happen.

Reported by: Melanie Ruberti,