Historic Newspaper Sets Up Shop in New Home - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

01/11/06

Historic Newspaper Sets Up Shop in New Home

The Savannah Tribune is getting back to normal in a new home after a fire gutted its building on Montgomery Street in the overnight hours of January 3. They're now operating at 1805 Martin Luther King, Jr., Boulevard at 34th street.

The Savannah Tribune was first published in 1875 and continued until the early '60s before closing down. Current publishers Bob and Shirley James revived the paper in 1973.

Reported by: Jaime Dailey, jdailey@wtoc.com

Powered by Frankly