Couple Displaced by Fire - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

01/30/06

Couple Displaced by Fire

A Chatham County couple is homeless after a fire destroyed their home. Southside firefighters were called to a mobile home on Vidalia Road, just off Chevis Road, around 10am this morning.

Firefighters say the fire was caused by an electrical problem in one of the bedrooms.

No one was hurt, but the mobile home was destroyed. The Red Cross is helping the couple find a place to stay.

Reported by: Michelle Paynter, mpaynter@wtoc.com

Powered by Frankly