A Savannah woman is being helped by the Red Cross after a house fire on Saturday. The blaze broke out about 3:45pm in a house on Hamilton Court on Savannah's eastside. Firefighters say an overloaded power strip may have caused the initial blaze, which then spread when a gas line outside the home ruptured, causing damage to the outside.
One resident was at home when the fire broke out and she was able to get out without injury. Firefighters turned off the gas and the fire was quickly extinguished.
The blaze is under investigation.
Reported by: Ivy Palmer, email@example.com
A man and his nephew were shot and killed in the Lowcountry last month. Now, detectives with the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office are finding out four people who tried to cover it up.More >>
Three people are behind bars in Glynn County as the result of a search warrant executed at Baymont Inn and Suites.More >>
The Gamma Sigma Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. surprised students in the Model United Nations Club at Johnson High School Tuesday.More >>
The Savannah-Chatham County Public School District presented their legislative agenda to the Chatham County Delegation, Tuesday afternoon.More >>
More and more people are doing their holiday shopping online, but what can you do to make sure that what you order doesn't end up in the hands of a criminal?More >>