Auburn St. Fire Sends Man to Hospital - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

03/25/06

Auburn St. Fire Sends Man to Hospital

One man is being treated for serious burns and five people are homeless after a fire on Auburn Street in Savannah on Friday night. The fire broke out just after ten o'clock.

Everyone in the house got out; however, one man was taken to the burn center in Augusta, Georgia after he burned his face and hands. Savannah Fire investigators believe the fire started when the man was smoking in bed.

The family is being helped by the Savannah chapter of the American Red Cross. This is the 40th family the agency has helped after fires in Savannah this month.

Powered by Frankly