December 8, 2006 at 5:20 PM EST - Updated July 26 at 8:40 PM
HENDERSON GOLF CLUB GOLF TIPS OFFICIAL RULES
1. This promotion is sponsored by Henderson Golf Club (sponsor). The promotion begins January 3, 2008 and ends November 18, 2008. Final entries must be received by 11:59 AM, November 18, 2008. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility.No purchase necessary to enter or win.This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Georgia and South Carolina, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WTOC-TV, Henderson Golf Club, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Multiple entries will be accepted; however, only one prize will be awarded per individual regardless of how many times their questions are selected.
3. How to Enter. There are two (2) ways to enter this promotion. Beginning December 28, 2006 individuals can go to http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5784213, log in and submit their golf question on the entry form. Individuals can also enter by writing their question in a letter or on a postcard addressed to:
GOLF TIPS WTOC-TV P.O. Box 8086 Savannah, GA 31412 NOTE: The statement "I CERTIFY THAT I AM A GA OR SC RESIDENT, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, AND I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES" must be included in the letter or on the postcard.
If the statement "I CERTIFY THAT I AM A GA OR SC RESIDENT, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, AND I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES" is not included on the postcard or letter, the entry will be disqualified.
Final online forms, letters and postcards must be received by 11:59 AM, November 18, 2008 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
4. Prize(s). The person submitting the Golf Tip question selected for on-air response will receive one (1) free round of golf at the Henderson Golf Club and one (1) lunche at the Clubhouse Grill. Cash value of the weekly prize is $50.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Winners will be notified via phone or email as to where they can pick up their prizes.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Winners will be advised via telephone or email as to where they may pick up their prizes(s). A driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WTOC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WTOC-TV if WTOC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WTOC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability.By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WTOC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WTOC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.
List of Winners.For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to GOLF TIPS, WTOC-TV, P.O. Box 8086, Savannah, GA 31412 not later than December 7, 2008.