Before your pet is lost, Microchip your pet. It's a very valuable asset in helping to unite owners with their lost pets. The fee is only approx $25.00 (varies per vet) and most vets office's will do the insert. It only takes a few minutes and the dog doesn't have to be put under sedation. Most shelters scan all dogs when they arrive.
If your pet is lost:
- Notify all of your neighbors.
- Call your local Police Dept.
- Call your local Animal Control Shelter and go visit the location frequently.
- Check with VCA Animal Hospital 355-8898 and the Emergency Animal Hospital at 355-6113. (If their pets are injured animal control will transport them to one of the two locations).
- Call and/or visit your local Humane Society.
- Call all of the vets in your immediate area and place flyers in their office.
- Place flyers at the local post office, bank, grocery stores, school and police departments, churches, etc. Do NOT place them on utility poles -- they will be removed. A pictured flyer is helpful.
- Place an ad in the local newspapers and on any community websites (TV and Radio,).
- Hand a copy of the flyer to your postman, UPS/FedEX driver and any other employees who regularly work in the area.