1. Keep all electric cords out of reach or covered by a chew-proof guard. Puppies and kittens will chew on anything.
2. Don't leave any medicines on tables, chairs, or in open cabinets.
3. Cover your outside pool or pond. Many heavily-coated dogs and cats may be unable to swim to safety when their coats are soaking wet.
4. Keep pets away from ice-covered ponds and lakes. Cats and dogs may wander onto ice too thin to support their weight.
5. Keep all painting supplies in closed cabinets.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration