Thanksgiving Turkey Disaster - Connie Hiott - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Thanksgiving Turkey Disaster - Connie Hiott

My first Thanksgiving as a new bride was 35 years ago. We lived in an apartment in Gainesville, Florida.

It just so happened I was very ill, but I still wanted to host my first Thanksgiving Dinner for all of our family.  I washed and "cleaned" the turkey... so I thought. I put the bird in the oven and my sisters helped me with the other fixins'. 

When it was time for dinner, we took the turkey out of the oven, and to my surprise there was a bag of "stuff" inside.  I had no idea that a turkey came with all that stuff on the inside (neck, giblets, etc). It was a mess and we had to throw out the whole thing! 

Needless to say, we didn't have a turkey that day.  My family continues to remind me every year about my first Thanksgiving.

~Connie Hiott

Powered by Frankly