"We walked over there and saw a guy in the lane, a little disoriented, and he was bleeding from his head," said one neighbor.
The man was also suffering from burns over 60 percent of his body. He was rushed to Memorial Health, then to the burn center in Augusta, where he's listed in critical condition. The natural gas company and Savannah Electric were on the scene, but no determination has been made as to the cause of the blast. Investigators are saying it looks like there could have been a natural gas leak behind the explosion, though it's not yet clear what ignited it.