Fire Destroys Apartment - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports


Fire Destroys Apartment

A Savannah family is homeless after their apartment was gutted by an early-morning blaze. Firefighters were called to Hitch Village just before 4:30am this morning. When they arrived, flames were coming out of a second-story window and firefighters had to break through the back door of the apartment.

They got the blaze under control quickly, but not before the kitchen was gutted and the rest of the apartment sustained heavy smoke and water damage. Two adjacent apartments were also damaged by water. Fire investigators were back on the scene this afternoon, trying to figure out what happened.

Two teenagers were in the apartment when the fire started; they escaped without injury.

Reported by: Ron Wallace

Powered by Frankly