SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - One person lost their home in a fire overnight while trying to keep himself warm.
Savannah Fire crews were called to the 600 block of Hamilton Court just before midnight. Upon arrival, they found the house fully engulfed in flames.
Firefighters say the homeowner was able to get out on his own. He told them he was using a space heater at the time, but firefighters have not yet said if that is the official cause.
The home suffered extensive damage, but none of the neighboring homes were damaged.