SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Savannah Police say upon further investigation, it was determined that a sexual assault reported in the Bacon Park area last month did not occur and was falsely reported.
The Savannah Police Department requested information from the public on the reported sexual assault that was said to have occurred on Wednesday, April 17 in the Bacon Park area. Police said the female, who was described as in her early teens, reported that she was walking in the area of Webster Drive and Gerald Drive around 3:15 p.m. when a newer model, red Toyota sedan stopped and the occupants forced her into the vehicle. They said the subjects took her to an unknown location and assaulted her before leaving her in the Bacon Park area.
Police released a general description of two suspects at the time. The police department alerted media of the false report on Tuesday, May 7.
An SPD official tells us the female who filed the false report will not be charged and is considered a juvenile.