SAVANNAH, Ga. (WTOC) - There are multiple events being held throughout the Coastal Empire and South Carolina Lowcountry as people celebrate the day that the United States declared its independence.
Below is a schedule of celebrations happening in around the area:
- Tow to Go Program, provided by AAA and Budweiser. GA, FL & TN are the only Southern states the Tow to Go service is offered, Call (855) 286-9246 to request a ride.
- Hit the roads early for the Firecracker Run in Shelter Cove on July 4 at 8 a.m. This is the largest and oldest road race in Beaufort County. The entry fee is $30 for adults, and $25 for children. Click here to register.
- HarbourTown will hold their annual 4th of July Parade beginning at 8:30 a.m. to register and pick up decorating supplies. The parade will line up promptly at 9:30 a.m. and entries will be judged on patriotism. Supplies will be made available to the first 100 families. Fireworks will be held at 9 p.m., and Gregg Russell will be under the Liberty Oak stage between 8-9 p.m. Call the Sea Pines Resort Recreation Department at 843-842-1979 for more information.
- Parris Island will hold their own celebration of Independence Day at 5 p.m. The Parris Island Band will perform at 6:30 p.m., and fireworks will start at 9:20 p.m. The event will be free and open to the public. Click here for more information.
- Shelter Cove Harbor and Marina will hold their annual HarbourFest on July 4. A crowd of locals and tourists alike will flock to the marina to celebrate the festivities. Make sure to get there in time to get one of the 1,500 flags that will be distributed at 6 p.m. Click here for more information.
- Skull Creek Boathouse, Hudson’s Seafood, and the whole Skull Creek community will celebrate July 4, which will include live music. Music will start at 6 p.m. at the Sunset Landing beer garden, with fireworks at 9:30 p.m. Outside food, drinks, and coolers are not allowed.
- Port Royal will hold their own holiday celebration in conjunction with the Historic Port Royal Foundation, starting at 5 p.m at the Sands of Port Royal. Fireworks will be held at 9 p.m.
- Freedom Rings in Rincon, Friday, June 28th, at Freedom Park.
- Richmond Hill Independence Day Celebration, Saturday, June 29th, 4:30-10 p.m. at J.F Gregory Park. Fireworks at 9:00 p.m. Free and open to the public.
- Fourth of July on the River, Thursday, July 4th, 4-10 p.m. with fireworks at 9:30 p.m, on River Street in Savannah. Free and open to the public.
- Independence Day at Hunter Army Air Field, Wednesday, July 3rd, 8 p.m. Open to the Public
- Marne 2019 Independence Day with Lady Antebellum on Thursday, July 4th at Fort Stewart. Gates open at 3 p.m. Concert at 7 p.m. Fireworks at 10 p.m. Open to the Public. For more information and security protocol for the events at HAAF and Fort Stewart, click here.
- Fireworks at the Pier, Thursday, July 4th, Tybee Island, 9:15 p.m. at Tybee Pier. Free and open to the public.
- Swingin’ Savannah River Independence Day, The Fabulous Equinox Orchestra LIVE at the Westin. Thursday, July 4th, 7 p.m. at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa on Hutchinson Island.
- Peregrin 4th of July Rooftop BBQ, Dj, Live Music and Fireworks. Thursday, July 4th, 4pm at the Peregrin on top of Perry Lane Hotel in downtown Savannah.
- 10th Annual Salute from the Shore takes flight on Fourth of July - The annual patriotic flyover along the South Carolina coast begins at 1 p.m. Thursday at Cherry Grove. It’s set to finish at Hilton Head Island roughly 30 minutes later.
This story will be updated with more information on other events as July 4th draws closer.