SAVANNAH, Ga. (WTOC) - The city of Savannah is gearing up for a huge weekend. There are several different events that are all expected to bring crowds to different parts of the Hostess City.
We’ve got the Savannah Speed Classic, Savannah Pride, Savannah State’s Homecoming Parade, the SCAD Savannah Film Festival, a professional tree climbing competition, and the Shalom Y’all Jewish Food Festival. The annual Wag-O-Ween Halloween pet event that benefits local pet rescue agencies is also happening downtown on Saturday as well.
All weekend long, city leaders are asking travelers to be patient with pedestrians and changing traffic patterns. But they also hope you're not afraid to get out and enjoy the weekend.
“I would encourage folks to come down because it’s an opportunity to see our community, our streets activated with very positive, you know, family-friendly fun, different, different things to do,” said Susan Broker, City of Savannah Special Events, Film & Tourism.
Click the following links for additional information about the event:
- Savannah Speed Classic - Oct. 24-27
- Savannah Pride - Oct. 24-26
- Savannah State University Homecoming Parade - Starts Saturday morning (10/26) at 9 a.m.
- SCAD Savannah Film Festival - Oct. 26 - Nov. 2
- Shalom Y’all Jewish Food Festival - Sunday, Oct. 27 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Monterey Square, downtown Savannah
- Naom Tree Climbing Competition - Oct. 25-27
- Wag-O-Ween - Saturday, Oct. 26 starting at noon