SAVANNAH, Ga. (WTOC) - The big game is just around the corner.
Super Bowl LIV is this Sunday, Feb. 2. The National Football Conference champion San Francisco 49ers will play against the American Football Conference champion Kansas City Chiefs at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.
Everyone loves a good Super Bowl party, so WTOC put together a few easy snacks that will help make your party a hit.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Morning Break’s resident foodie, Tim Guidera, shows us how to make his popular buffalo chicken dip in a few simple steps:
- 1 cup any hot sauce
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1.5 cups - 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- Bread, tortilla chips, celery (for serving)
- Take the meat off a rotisserie chicken and use a meat rake, fork, or your hands to shred the chicken.
- If you put the cream cheese out early enough to soften, skip to step four. If not, combine hot sauce, chicken, cream cheese, ranch, and cheddar cheese in a small pot. Stir with each added ingredient.
- Heat just enough to soften cream cheese.
- Poor dip into baking tray.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with bread, tortilla chips, and celery.
Combahee Cuban Sliders
Paula Flowers and Sharon Mansell, owners of Fletcher’s Cafe and Catering in Yemassee, show us how to make their Combahee Cuban Sliders:
Ingredients (Serving Size: 30 sliders)
- 4 - 5 lbs. Boston Butt
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Dry seasonings
- Black pepper
- 1 Cup water
- 4 - 5 lbs. Butt portion smoked ham
- 1 Liter Coca Cola
- Honey mustard dressing
- Dill pickle slices
- Garlic butter spread
- Slider buns
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Boston Butt, Cream of Mushroom Soup, seasonings, pepper and water. Bake at 350 for 3 hours.
- Reduce heat to 250 and cook for another 2 hours (or until tender throughout).
- Pour coca cola over ham. Turn oven back up to 350 and bake ham for 3 hours (or until tender throughout).
- Grill slider buns with garlic butter spread in grill pan.
- Add equal amounts of slow-roasted pork & baked ham on bottoms of grilled bun
- Spoon honey mustard over meat.
- Add pickles on top.
- Add top bun, and secure with a toothpick.
Sarah’s Chunky Guacamole
5 ripe has avocados mashed
1 small tomato seeded and diced
¼ red onion finely diced
½ - 1 jalapeño finely diced
¼ - ½ lemon juiced
1 Tbsp cilantro chopped fine
Kosher salt to taste (about ½ tsp)
Mash avocados in a bowl with a fork. Add tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, lemon, and cilantro. Fold in ingredients until evenly incorporated. Add salt and mix again. Serve with tortilla chips or crudité.
Sarah’s No-Tahini Hummus
1 14 oz can chickpeas drained
Juice of 1 lemon
½ garlic clove chopped
¼ cup (or more) of olive oil
½ tsp of kosher salt
Ground black pepper
Add chickpeas, lemon juice, and garlic to bowl of food processor. Turn on food processor and slowly add olive oil until you achieve a loose mud-like consistency. Put hummus in a bowl and stir in salt until it’s to your liking. Serve with naan bread, chips, crackers, or crudité.
Make the best wings for your Super Bowl party:
Chili Chicken Nachos:
Carmel Apple Cheesecake Dessert Jars
Ebony Clark shared how to make some no-bake bite-size desserts from House E’ Couture. They’re perfect to serve for your Super Bowl party dessert.
- Whip cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz. bar cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Apple pie filling
- 1 can apple filling
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. light Brown sugar
Graham Cracker crust
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- In your mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and brown sugar. Use an electric mixer to beat until well combined.
- Pour cheesecake into a large piping bag and set aside in refrigerator until you are ready to assemble.
Prepare Apple Pie filling
- Dice the apples into small pieces. Since this is a can filling you do not have to cook apples.
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar to the apples and stir.
- Add caramel to the apple filling and stir.
- Set aside in bowl and refrigerate
- Melt butter
- Combine butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Press two tablespoons of crust into the bottom of your mason jar.
- Take your piping bag of cheesecake filling and pipe in mason jar
- Add a spoonful of caramel.
- Spoon in desired amount of apple pie filling.
- Top with whipped cream
- Sprinkle some leftover crust. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.