Advertisement

Crews extinguish garage fire caused by battery charger on Hilton Head Island

The remainder of the garage.
The remainder of the garage.(source: Hilton Head Island Fire Rescue)
Published: Aug. 3, 2020 at 1:43 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (WTOC) - Teams with Hilton Head Island Fire Rescue extinguished a small fire that started in the garage of a home on Shell Ring Road on Sunday night.

Crews arrived at the home to find thick smoke coming from the garage. Everyone inside the home was able to evacuate with no injuries.

A spokesperson for the Fire Rescue says that the fire started in an area where the homeowner was charging batteries for model airplanes.

Copyright 2020 WTOC. All rights reserved.