Resident displaced by fire on Goethe Hill Rd. in Beaufort Co.

Resident displaced by fire on Goethe Hill Rd. in Beaufort Co.
A resident was displaced after a house fire on Goethe Hill Rd. Wednesday night. (Source: Burton Fire District)

BEAUFORT CO., S.C. (WTOC) - Burton Fire crews worked to put out a house fire on Goethe Hill Road Wednesday night.

The Burton Fire District and Beaufort County EMS responded to a report of a house fire on Goethe Hill Road just after 7:30 p.m. The fire, which was located in the attic area, was quickly brought under control; however, firefighters remained on scene for over two hours extinguishing smoldering embers in the ductwork and insulation, according to BFD.

The resident was displaced. No injuries were reported.

Officials say the fire is believed to have been caused by a malfunction in the HVAC which the resident stated had not been working properly.

Copyright 2021 WTOC. All rights reserved.