Savannah Bananas release 2023 Banana Ball World Tour schedule
SAVANNAH, Ga. (WTOC) - The Savannah Bananas have released the 2023 Banana Ball World Tour schedule.
“Tons of people across this country that we’re going to get to play in front of, man I’m so excited for so many things and the connection and impact we’re going to have with so many people across this country.”
While they’ll still be playing here in Hostess City, the team will also be traveling across the country.
The announcement, coming in full NFL draft fashion, in a way only the Bananas could pull off.
“We believe in creating a show and experience that fans have never seen before and creating fans is where everything starts for us. And so, we know we’ve created thousands of fans here and we’re going to keep doing it here in Savannah, but there’s many more that want to see the bananas and banana ball so we’re going to bring it to them,” said Owner Jesse Cole.
The move follows a decision earlier this year to leave the Coastal Plain League in favor of year-round Banana Ball.
As the viral boys of summer now look to bring Banana ball nationwide.
“It hasn’t seemed real. You know, all this talk about us going on tour and doing all these crazy things. The time is here, the draft has happened and it’s going to be here before you know it.”
The full schedule is listed below:
- Feb. 17 & 18 - West Palm Beach, FL
- Feb. 22 & 23 - Daytona Beach, FL
- Feb. 25 - Savannah, GA
- March 2 - Savannah, GA
- March 4 - Jacksonville, FL
- March 10, 11, & 13 - Savannah, GA
- March 17 - Sugarland, TX
- March 24 & 25 - Montgomery, AL
- March 31 - Scottsdale, AZ
- April 1 - Peoria, AZ
- April 6, 7, 13, 15, & 18 - Savannah, GA
- April 21 - Charleston, WV
- April 26 - Savannah, GA
- April 29 - Tampa Bay, FL
- May 5 & 6 - Kansas City, KS
- May 11, 13, & 15 - Savannah, GA
- May 19 - Las Vegas, NV
- May 26 - Oklahoma City, OK
- May 29 - Tulsa, OK
- June 2 - Nashville, TN
- June 8, 11, 10, 12, 15, 17, & 19 - Savannah, GA
- June 23 & 24 - Birmingham, AL
- June 30 - Indianapolis, IN
- July 3 - Akron, OH
- July 7 & 8 - Savannah, GA
- July 12 - Kannapolis, NC
- July 14 - Durham, NC
- July 17 - Savannah, GA
- July 21 & 22 - Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- July 25 - San Jose, CA
- July 27 - Fresno, CA
- July 29 - Sacramento, CA
- Aug. 3 & 5 - Savannah, GA
- Aug. 9 - Trenton, NJ
- Aug. 11 & 12 - Staten Island, NY
- Aug. 14 - Hartford, CT
- Aug. 16 - Brockton, MA
- Aug. 18 - Portland, ME
- Aug. 25 - Des Moines, IA
- Aug. 30 - Savannah, GA
- Sept. 1, 2, & 4 - Savannah, GA
- Sept. 8 & 9 - Milwaukee, WI
- Sept. 14 - Syracuse, NY
- Sept. 16 - Cooperstown, NY
The team streamed the schedule announcement on the Savannah Bananas’ YouTube page.
In August, the team announced it would be leaving the Coastal Plain League and will just be playing Banana Ball.
Team owner Jesse Cole says this move gives the team a lot of freedom in their plans and schedule - and a chance to play in front of Banana fans all over the country.
What is Banana Ball?
Copyright 2022 WTOC. All rights reserved.