How to make non-dairy potatoes
SAVANNAH, Ga. (WTOC) - This week, members of the WTOC team have been stopping by the Morning Break kitchen to share their favorite holiday recipes.
Today Becky Sattero is here this morning to make her non-dairy potato recipe.
· 4 large russet potatoes (about 1 pound each)
· Extra virgin olive oil
· 1/2 cup plant-based sour cream
· 1/2 cup unsweetened oat milk (or other desired milk preference)
· 2 tablespoons butter, softened
*Potato Toppings: Non-dairy cheddar, bacon + chives or green onion
· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
· 6 strips bacon
· 1/2 cup chopped green onion/chives
· Everything bagel seasoning (sprinkled)
· Salt (sprinkled)
· Roast the potatoes @ 400 degrees, whole, until they’re easily pierced with a knife through the thickest part. Cool for one hour.
· Allow the potatoes to cool to touch. Cut them in half and scoop out the insides, leaving behind a thin shell of potato skin. Use a spoon to scoop out the insides, forming a potato canoe, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato on the skin.
· Mash the insides, as if you were making mashed potatoes, and add in the other filling ingredients (milk, sour cream, butter).
· Divide the mashed potatoes between the potato skins.
· Second Bake: Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Place potatoes on a roasting pan or baking sheet, top with shredded cheese, and bake 15 to 20 minutes until heated through.
· Fry up bacon, cool, then chop into little bits.
· Top cooked potatoes with chives, seasoning, bacon bits, and more cheese.
· Serve and enjoy
Copyright 2022 WTOC. All rights reserved.