Celtics vs. Heat Prediction & Picks: Line, Spread, Over/Under - Eastern Conference Finals Game 5
Published: May. 25, 2023 at 2:55 PM EDT|Updated: May. 25, 2023 at 8:54 PM EDT
The Miami Heat are 8.5-point underdogs heading into a decisive Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Boston Celtics at TD Garden on Thursday, starting at 8:30 PM ET on TNT. The Heat lead the series 3-1.
Buy gear from your favorite teams and players NOW at Fanatics!
Celtics vs. Heat Game Info & Odds
- Date: Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Time: 8:30 PM ET
- How to Watch on TV: TNT
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Venue: TD Garden
Put your picks to the test and bet on the Celtics with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Celtics vs. Heat Score Prediction
- Prediction: Celtics 116 - Heat 108
Celtics vs Heat Additional Info
|Celtics vs Heat Player Props|
|Celtics vs Heat Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Celtics vs Heat|
|Celtics vs Heat Odds/Over/Under|
|Celtics vs Heat Injury Report|
|Celtics vs Heat Players to Watch|
Spread & Total Prediction for Celtics vs. Heat
- Pick ATS: Heat (+ 8.5)
- Pick OU:
- The Celtics have covered more often than the Heat this season, recording an ATS record of 44-35-3, as opposed to the 30-48-4 mark of the Heat.
- Miami covers the spread when it is an 8.5-point underdog or more 50% of the time. That's more often than Boston covers as a favorite of 8.5 or more (48.3%).
- When it comes to topping the total in 2022-23, Miami and its opponents aren't as successful (48.8% of the time) as Boston and its opponents (52.4%).
- As a moneyline favorite this year, the Celtics are 53-21, a better record than the Heat have posted (8-16) as moneyline underdogs.
Watch live NBA games without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Celtics Performance Insights
- Boston has been thriving both offensively and defensively this season, ranking fourth-best in the NBA in points per game (117.9) and fourth-best in points allowed per game (111.4).
- The Celtics rank seventh in the NBA with 26.7 dimes per game.
- The Celtics have a 37.6% three-point percentage this year (sixth-ranked in NBA), but they've really provided a lift by making 16 treys per game (second-best).
- Boston is attempting 46.2 two-pointers per game this year, which account for 52% of the shots it has taken (and 62% of the team's baskets). Meanwhile, it is attempting 42.6 treys per contest, which are 48% of its shots (and 38% of the team's buckets).
Heat Performance Insights
- Offensively Miami is the worst squad in the NBA (109.5 points per game). But defensively it is second-best (109.8 points conceded per game).
- At 23.8 assists per game, the Heat are 25th in the league.
- Beyond the arc, the Heat are 16th in the league in 3-pointers made per game (12). They are fourth-worst in 3-point percentage at 34.4%.
- Miami takes 59.2% percent of its shots from inside the 3-point line, and 40.8% percent from beyond it. In terms of makes, 69.5% of Miami's baskets are 2-pointers, and 30.5% are 3-pointers.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.