Villanova vs. Maryland Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - November 17
Friday's game features the Villanova Wildcats (2-1) and the Maryland Terrapins (1-2) clashing at The William B. Finneran Pavilion (on November 17) at 8:30 PM ET. This matchup, according to our computer prediction, will result in a 72-64 win for Villanova.
Based on our computer prediction, Villanova is projected to cover the point spread (6.5) against Maryland. The two sides are projected to go over the 132.5 over/under.
Villanova vs. Maryland Game Info & Odds
- Date: Friday, November 17, 2023
- Time: 8:30 PM ET
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Where: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Venue: The William B. Finneran Pavilion
- Line: Villanova -6.5
- Point Total: 132.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Villanova -275, Maryland +220
Place your bets on any college basketball matchup at BetMGM, and sign up with our link for a first-time deposit bonus!
Villanova vs. Maryland Score Prediction
- Prediction: Villanova 72, Maryland 64
Spread & Total Prediction for Villanova vs. Maryland
- Pick ATS: Villanova (-6.5)
- Pick OU: Over (132.5)
Sportsbook Promo Codes
Bet on this or any college basketball matchup at BetMGM
Villanova Performance Insights
- Villanova was 224th in the country in points scored (69.6 per game) and 102nd in points allowed (67.7) last season.
- At 29.2 rebounds per game and 29.6 rebounds conceded, the Wildcats were 306th and 85th in the country, respectively, last season.
- Villanova was 324th in the country in assists (11.1 per game) last season.
- With 8.7 made 3-pointers per game and shooting 33.4% from downtown last year, the Wildcats were 49th and 221st in college basketball, respectively, in those categories.
- Last season, Villanova was 252nd in college basketball in 3-pointers allowed (7.8 per game) and 187th in defensive 3-point percentage (33.8%).
- Last season, Villanova took 47.8% of its shots from beyond the arc, and 52.2% from inside it. In terms of makes, 36.7% of Villanova's buckets were 3-pointers, and 63.3% were 2-pointers.
Maryland Performance Insights
- On offense, Maryland posted 69.7 points per game (221st-ranked in college basketball) last year. It surrendered 63.5 points per contest on defense (27th-ranked).
- Last season the Terrapins pulled down 31.1 rebounds per game (229th-ranked in college basketball) and gave up 29.4 rebounds per contest (71st-ranked).
- Maryland dished out 11.4 dimes per game, which ranked them 307th in the nation.
- The Terrapins were top-25 last year in turnovers, 25th-best in college basketball with 10.1 turnovers per game. Meanwhile, they ranked 264th with 11.0 forced turnovers per contest.
- With 6.7 three-pointers per game, the Terrapins were 256th in the country. They owned a 32.8% shooting percentage from beyond the arc, which ranked 254th in college basketball.
- Maryland ranked 17th-best in the country by giving up 5.6 threes per game. In terms of three-point percentage allowed, it ranked 88th in college basketball at 32.3%.
- Maryland took 63.1% two-pointers and 36.9% from three-point land last year. Of the team's buckets, 73% were two-pointers and 27% were three-pointers.
Rep your team with officially licensed college basketball gear! Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.